Co-Sponsor: The Council on Alcohol and Drugs
Contact Hours: 3.0
ACPE No: 0014-9999-14-001-H01-P
Activity Type: Application Based
Release Date: January 01, 2014
Expiration Date: December 31, 2016
Upon completion of this activity the participant should be able to:
1. Explain the Georgia Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention Initiative.
2. Define controlled substances and drug abuse, and provide examples of each.
3. Describe the development of addiction to prescription drugs.
4. Explain drug seeking behaviors.
5. List commonly abused prescription drugs in Georgia.
6. List the four goals of the Georgia Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention Initiative.
7. Explore the problem of prescription drug abuse in Georgia.
8. Describe the role of the pharmacist in prescription drug abuse prevention.
9. Explore the legal risks and consequences associated with prescription drug abuse.
10. Identify the latest trends and obstacles in managing prescription drug abuse in Georgia.
Dr. Merrill Norton Pharm.D.,D.Ph.,ICCDP-D
Clinical Associate Professor
University of Georgia
College of Pharmacy
Computer Requirements for Online Courses
The University of Georgia College of Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.